Thousand Island Dressing
Thousand Island Dressing comes from the Thousand Islands region of the Canada-USA border. It is a salad dressing based on mayonnaise and common ingredients such as ketchup, pickles, and onion.
- Mayonnaise - 1 cup
- Ketchup - 1/4 cup
- White Vinegar - 2 tablespoons
- Dill Pickle - 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped
- Granulated Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- White Onion - 2 teaspoons minced
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Place dressing in a covered container and refrigerate for several hours, stirring often until the sugar dissolves and the flavors blend.