Creamy Potato Soup
This potato soup flavored with chicken bouillon is a simple, inexpensive dish.
- Water - 2 cups
- Chicken Bouillon - 2 cubes
- Black Pepper - 1/2 teaspoons
- Potato - 4 whole, peeled
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Flour - 1 tablespoon
- Milk - 1 1/2 cups
- Cheddar Cheese - 1/2 cup
- In a large saucepan, add the water, bouillon cubes, and black pepper. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Dice the peeled potatoes and add them to the saucepan, stirring it often. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Once the butter has melted, add the flour and stir it so there are no lumps. Reduce the heat to low and continue to stir for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add the milk a little at a time, making sure that the butter/flour mixture incorporates well. Allow this to simmer for a couple minutes until the potatoes are done cooking.
- Once the potatoes have finished cooking, pour the white sauce mixture in the large saucepan. Allow this to cook for another five minutes and add the cheese.