Caprese salad is a simple Italian salad made of sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. It's usually served as a starter rather than a side dish.
- Tomato - 4 large
- Mozarella Cheese - 1 fresh ball
- Basil - 1 teaspoon, fresh
- Black Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive Oil - 3 tablespoons
- Cut thick slices of tomatoes and arrange them on a large platter.
- Remove the liquid from the fresh mozzarella cheese & slice lengthwise into smaller pieces. Arrange the cheese over the tomatoes. Garnish the platter with fresh basil leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, black pepper, salt, and olive oil. Mi well and pour over the tomatoes & cheese. Serve with a French baguette.