Potato Skins are a signature dish at TGI Fridays restaurants, and they're just as tasty when made at home. This recipe is a great way to load your own potatoes full of flavor.
- Potato - 4 medium
- Sour Cream - 1/2 cup
- Chives - 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Butter - 1/4 cup, melted
- Cheddar Cheese - 1 1/2 cups, shredded
- Bacon - 5 slices, cooked & crumbled
- Bake the four potatoes for one hour at 400°F.
- As the potatoes are baking, make the sour cream dip by mixing the sour cream with chives. Place the mixture in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, make two length-wise cuts through each potato, resulting in three 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices. Remove the center slices and use them later for another meal. This will leave you with two potato skins per potato.
- With a fork, slightly mash some of the potato inside of each skin. If there is more than 1/4 inch of potato, remove the excess. Brush the entire surface, inside and out, with the melted butter. Place the skins on a cookie sheet, cut side up, and broil them for 6 to 8 minutes until the edges begin to turn dark brown.
- Sprinkle 2–3 teaspoons of cheddar cheese and 1–2 teaspoons of crumbled bacon into each skin. Broil the skins for two more minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve hot, arranged on a plate surrounding a small bowl of the sour cream dip.