Mongolian BBQ Sauce
Mongolian barbecue is a stir fried dish of meat and vegetables that was developed in Taiwanese restaurants in the 1970s. This sauce can be added to rice and vegetables after they are cooked.
- Soy Sauce - 1 cup
- Water - 1 tablespoon + 1 1/4 cup
- Black Pepper - 1 tablespoon, ground
- Sesame Seed Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Red Pepper - 1 teaspoon, ground
- Cayenne Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon, ground
- Garlic - 1 tablespoon
- Corn Starch - 1 tablespoon
- Mix all the ingredients except the corn starch in a medium saucepan. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat.
- Dissolve the corn starch in 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Add this slurry to the medium saucepan after it has boiled for about 30 seconds.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the sauce is fairly thick. Cool the mixture and store it in a container that is easy to pour from.