Silver Arrow BBQ Sauce
This sauce is inspired by the flavors found in Bull's-Eye Barbecue sauce. It gets its flavor from brown sugar, molasses, and hickory and is great on chicken, beef, and pork.
- Water - 1 cup
- Light Corn Syrup - 3/4 cup
- Tomato Paste - 1/2 cup
- Vinegar - 1/2 cup
- Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Molasses - 3 tablespoons
- Hickory Liquid Smoke - 1 1/4 teaspoons
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Onion Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1/4 tablespoon, ground
- Mustard Seed - 1/4 teaspoon, ground
- Paprika - 1/8 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder - 1/8 teaspoon
- Cayenne Pepper - 1/8 teaspoon
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat and whisk until smooth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes until thick. Cool, then store in a covered container in the refrigerator overnight.