- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Ketchup is a condiment that is usually served with fries, hamburgers, hot dogs, eggs, and hash browns. The first recipe for tomato ketchup was created by Sandy Addison in 1801. Our recipe is inspired on the flavors found in Heinz Ketchup.
- Tomato Paste - 1 (6 oz) can
- Corn Syrup - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Granulated Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Onion Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder - 1/8 teaspoon
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until smooth.
- When the mixture begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often. Remove the pan from the heat and cover until cool.