- Yield: 1 cup
This is a pizza chain-style tomato pizza sauce that has a balanced flavor of oregano, basil, thyme, and garlic powder. It can also be used as a dip for breadsticks and a sauce for pasta.
- White Onion - 1/4 large, minced
- Olive Oil - 1 teaspoon
- Granulated Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Oregano - 1/4 teaspoon
- Basil - 1/8 teaspoon
- Thyme - 1/8 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder - 1/8 teaspoon
- Tomato Paste - 1 can (12 oz.)
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Brown the onion with the olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, salt, oregano, basil, thyme, & garlic powder. Stir over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add about 2 tablespoons full of the tomato paste and stir over the heat until the red color starts to turn a little deeper. Add the next 2 tablespoons and repeat the process until all the tomato paste has been added.
- Add the water and stir to combine.
- Immediately reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.