French toast is a dish made of bread soaked in beaten eggs and then fried.
- Eggs - 4 large
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Brown Sugar - 3 tablespoons
- Nutmeg - 1 teaspoon, ground
- Cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon, ground
- White Bread - 12 thick slices
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the milk, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
- Soak each bread slice in the egg mixture until completely saturated. Cook each side in an oiled frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve with vanilla, maple, or almond syrup.