Biscuits and Tomato Gravy
Soft dough biscuits covered with this simple tomato gravy are a tasty spin on the classic breakfast dish.
- Flour - 3 cups
- Baking Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Butter - 1/2 cup, softened
- Milk - 1 cup
- Tomato Gravy
- Canned Tomato - 1 medium can, diced
- Flour - 1/2 cup
- Milk - varies
For the Biscuits
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, & butter. Add the milk and mix until well combined.
- Roll the dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut circles with a drinking glass or the top of a tin can.
- Bake at 350˚F until golden brown.
For the Tomato Gravy
- Drain the can of tomatoes and pour tomatoes into a medium saucepan.
- Add the flour, stirring well, then heat the pan over medium-high heat.
- When the tomato mixture starts to bubble, start adding the milk. Add it about 1/4 cup at a time, and wait until it starts to bubble before adding more. Continue adding milk until it is a consistency that pours well over the biscuits.
- Once the desired consistency is reached, cook the mixture for another 2 minutes over medium-low heat.