Sausage Brunch Casserole
If french toast and sausage had a baby, it would be Sausage Brunch Casserole. This recipe needs to be prepared the night before, but is definitely worth serving at your next brunch (or breakfast if you can't wait the extra couple hours).
- Egg - 6 large
- Milk - 2 cups
- Cream of Mushroom Soup - 1 can
- White Bread - 16 slices
- Ground Sausage - 1 pound
- Swiss Cheese - 8 slices
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and cream of mushroom soup.
- Grease a 9" x 13" pan. Cut the crust off the bread and layer half of it on the bottom of the pan. Add a layer of Swiss cheese and another of ground sausage. Top off with the remaining bread, making 'sandwiches'.
- Pour the egg mixture over the 'sandwiched' ingredients in the pan. Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- After being refrigerated overnight, bake at 375˚F for 25–20 minutes.